Article by Nina Goolamali QC and Luka Krsljanin published by LawInSport
Playing football is simply not cricket – issues with athletes’ insurance against training and warm-up injuries following the Rory Burns case
The above article written by 2TG Sport members Nina Goolamali QC (Head of 2TG Sport) and Luka Krsljanin was published by LawInSport on 4 February 2020. The article examines some of the key points for teams and players to be aware of regarding liaibility for rehabilitation costs and the potential insurance implications of injuries sustained in training and warm up sessions, including:
- Do team policies cover training injuries?
- What does “training” include?
- The importance of making specific disclosures
- Official training vs. informal “kick-arounds”
- Liability for over-zealous or intentional tackles
- The England Cricket Board’s insurance schemes
For more information about 2TG Sport, please click here.