2TG Student Open Day
2TG STUDENT OPEN DAY
2TG offers students the opportunity to learn more about Chambers at an Open Day. We hope that the day will give those attending a good introduction to 2TG and insight into life at the Bar more generally. The day is aimed at those applying for pupillage in January 2020 and who have not done a mini pupillage at 2TG.
2TG is a leading general civil and commercial set of chambers consisting of 58 barristers including 14 silks. We are a friendly and cohesive set, and believe that chambers should be more than a place to work. We pride ourselves on the strong relationships that exist between members of chambers practising in a wide variety of areas. Across the range of work that Chambers covers, one feature of our culture stands out above all others: we are all committed to excellence. In a nutshell, we are passionate about being the most sought-after advocates in our individual fields. It is this passion for excellence that unites us and makes 2TG one of the most exciting, vibrant, and ambitious chambers at the modern Bar.
Members of Chambers practise in a range of different commercial and common law areas, including insurance, private international law, personal injury, contractual disputes, commercial fraud, professional negligence, sports law, product liability, clinical negligence, employment, and property damage.
2TG will be recruiting 2 to 3 pupils in the coming Pupillage Gateway round. The current pupillage award is £70,000. Details of the award and the application process are on our website.
The Open Day, which will take place at 2TG and will involve:
- Presentations from members of Chambers and clerks about practice at the Bar;
- Tips on applying for pupillage;
- Opportunities to ask questions on an informal basis.
Details on how to apply to attend the Open Day will be released nearer the time. Places will, subject to the eligibility requirements below, be allocated on a first come, first served, basis.
Please note our eligibility criteria for attending the Open Day:
- Must be in final year of law degree or studying for the GDL
- Must be intending to apply for pupillage in the January 2020 application round
- Must have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a minimum of 2:1 at degree level
- Cannot have previously done a mini-pupillage at 2TG
- Cannot have previously attended an Assessment day at 2TG
Please note the Open Day forms no part of the recruitment process.